If I have made your special doll you will know that she arrives at her new home wrapped up inside a cardboard box.
My packaging has been carefully chosen to be open ended and hopefully the boxes are repurposed to doll’s beds, cars, spaceships… I love the possibilities of a box.
All you need to make a fantastic bed for your little one’s doll is a suitably sized box and a couple of cloths but if you happen to have a large cardboard box waiting to be used you can be more creative.
This how to is for an amazing rocking crib made from the sides of a large cardboard box. I have put together a template for you to print off and this is for dolls up to 12″ in length but you could scale it up accordingly.
What you will need
- A large corrugated cardboard box
- A printer and paper for the template
- Pencil or pen for marking
- Craft knife or blade for cutting the cardboard (please do practice safe knife skills and never cut towards yourself)
- A cutting mat (or something to cut onto to protect your surfaces)
- A tea-towel and spare pillowcase
- Print out the template and join together, cut it out.
- Lay the template on the cardboard and draw around it.
- Cut out, including the slots, taking care to match the depth of these to your cardboard.
- You should now have two end pieces, two side pieces and one base.
- Slot the pieces together.
- Fold the tea-towel to form a mattress and use the pillowcase as a sheet – you can of course get more creative and make some bedding too!
If you enjoyed this craft please check out my other post on making a doll’s swing!