Did you know that before Christian times we still celebrated love at this time of year? If we look around at nature we can see the birds are choosing their mates and beginning to pair up! Why not give them a helping hand with these love biscuits?
What you need
- 2 cups of ready-made birdseed mix
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (make sure it’s 100% peanuts)
What to do
- Measure out all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Spread the mixture out onto baking sheet with wax paper and press the mixture down to form a uniform layer, about 1/4″ thick.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter press out.
- With a chopstick make a hanging hole in the centre of each heart.
- Let them dry overnight, or bake in a low oven for 10 minutes, until firm.
- Use natural twine to hang your hearts onto the tree branches. Try to hang them next to thicker branches so that birds have a place to perch while savouring a snack.
- This recipe made about 12 hearts!
I hope you enjoy making these! Please tag @polly_had_a_dolly in your photos on Instagram!